• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ken Block snowmobile death

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
The video is disabled. But your description is sophistry. The sled did not try to take him out. It is a mindless inanimate object until someone rides it , some ride better than others.
Excuse my french, I was being a bit facetious at best and tossing a little humor at my friends wreck. My buddy who got Gen5 flat out said that his sled definitely loops out easier than his 2020.5 Turbo Expert 165. One of the first impressions he had riding the sled. This video was posted well before Ken Block died. I'm just going off his experience and the fact that I've seen a considerable amount of vids posted of similar events. I'm not trying to blame anything, just sharing my friends experience.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
We still don’t know if it was impact or asphyxiation. Any new credible news?

As of today January 19th. The only official statement that has been put out was the one from the Sheriff's office that used the term "injuries sustained":

In a statement, the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office said: “On January 2, 2023 at approximately 2:00 p.m., the Wasatch County 911 Center received a call reporting a snowmobile accident in the Mill Hollow area.

“Search and Rescue, along with law enforcement from Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office, Utah State Parks and the U.S. Forest Service responded.

“The driver, Kenneth Block, 55-year-old male out of Park City, Utah, was riding a snowmobile on a steep slope when the snowmobile upended, landing on top of him. He was pronounced deceased at the scene from injuries sustained in the accident.

“Mr. Block was riding with a group but was alone when the accident occurred.

“The State Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the official cause of death.

“We are saddened to hear of the loss of Kenneth and our hearts are with his family and friends so deeply affected.

“We thank all of our first responders for their continued service.”

D
Mar 13, 2014
I heard.....

It crushed his larynx not asphyxiation. I also heard the other people in his group were behind him when one guy got stuck and the other stopped to help. When a different group of riders came up to them and asked if they had another guy in there group and responded yes. Other group said ya we saw a sled right over there or something like that skis up.

Never know what to believe

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
I heard.....

It crushed his larynx not asphyxiation. I also heard the other people in his group were behind him when one guy got stuck and the other stopped to help. When a different group of riders came up to them and asked if they had another guy in there group and responded yes. Other group said ya we saw a sled right over there or something like that skis up.

Never know what to believe
Yeah, I wonder if the state medical board information will become public. Even a crushed Larynx would most likely cause asphyxiation. But you said it right, never know what to believe. That does sound like a plausible cause of death though. Sad.

Premium Features