2013 AmSnow Real World Shootout
READ YOUR BENCH RACING RIGHTS ...
ON ACCELERATION TESTS, REAL WET WEIGHTS, EARLY RIDE IMPRESSIONS, & MPG STATS
March 4, 2013
|Embellish a little? Nah, no snowmobiler would ever do that … yeah right! |
Just like no angler has ever told a fishy story, about his 15-lb. bass. Nor has any athlete ever padded his or her stats a little when talking about those high school glory days.
Let’s be honest, we all like to paint ourselves in a good light and we snowmobilers often take embellishing to new heights in the heat of a good bench-racing session at a trailside watering hole.
Fortunately, if your most obnoxiously “out there” buddy takes it a little too far you’ll have THIS issue of AmSnow to bring him back to The Real World.
Every January we run our Real World Shootout, a test of the seven or eight new sleds the manufacturers allow us to demo ride for the entire season. The snow on the trails was thin this January at our north woods test facility, but conditions on the lakes and ponds could not have been more conducive to going fast. We had 1 to 2-inches of super-hard packed groomed snow on our acceleration course this year and the sleds were disappearing down the track faster than the deer on opening day.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to American Snowmobiler magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get these great benefits:
- Articles - Access to thousands of American Snowmobiler articles from 1998 to present.
- Shoot-out Results - Premium members get to see our shoot-out results first, right after the events happen.
- Interactive Buyers Guide - Look at specs and compare multiple sleds, side by side, from 1997 to the current model year.
- Industry Directory - Use our searchable snowmobile business directory guide to find a performance shop or other snowmobile related companies in your area.
- Photo Galleries - View and submit action-packed sled photos of your favorite sleds in action!
- Reader Forums - Participate in our reader forums