Yamaha Nytro oil change
There are still things you can do yourself on a 4-stroke
September 18, 2009
An oil change is one of the few maintenance jobs that need to be done on a 4-stroke engine, but it's vitally important. Last winter when it was time to have the first oil change done on our two 2009 Nytro demo sleds we took them down to Yamaha's snow division headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wis., to be coached by a professional. We were led through the easy job by one of Yamaha's top all-star mechanics (Nick Leikness) who gave us the right tips on the procedure from top to bottom.
NYTRO MAINTENANCE - Besides the oil and filter change, regular greasing, track, hyfax, ski, chaincase, and other routine inspections, the maintenance on a Yamaha Nytro 4-stroke is extremely minimal.
It's important to note that the first oil change and filter replacement on the Nytro based sleds should be done at the 500-mile mark and then the oil changed every 2,500 miles thereafter. The second filter change is only needed at 12,000 miles after the initial break-in. Yes, you heard correctly 12K! No wonder so many people have been drawn to the 4-stroke side of the playground.
You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to American Snowmobiler magazine subscribers.
Already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine?
If you are already a subscriber to American Snowmobiler magazine you must log into your account to view this article. If you do not have an account you
will need to register for one. Registration is FREE and only take a couple minutes.
Non-subscribers, Subscribe TODAY and save!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY and get these great benefits:
- Articles - Access to thousands of American Snowmobiler articles from 1998 to present.
- Shoot-out Results - Premium members get to see our shoot-out results first, right after the events happen.
- Interactive Buyers Guide - Look at specs and compare multiple sleds, side by side, from 1997 to the current model year.
- Industry Directory - Use our searchable snowmobile business directory guide to find a performance shop or other snowmobile related companies in your area.
- Photo Galleries - View and submit action-packed sled photos of your favorite sleds in action!
- Reader Forums - Participate in our reader forums